Head of Sales & Partnerships
Sales Flexible Remote
Head of Sales & Partnerships, at Learnerbly, London
£70-100k base salary +OTE + options
Learnerbly is a London based Workplace Learning Platform that enables people to be their best selves at work.
About us and the role
Our mission is to be the most inspiring learning platform for people and organisations around the world.
What's in this for you? The chance to lead highly motivated and successful, commercially minded teams, across multiple revenue streams. An opportunity to create and develop the team culture through, coaching, mentoring and creativity. A chance to inject new ideas and growth methodology into an adaptable team on the international stage. You will also have the freedom to build a new partner referral channel to drive sales pipeline alongside scaling our partner team to drive additional revenue.
We are a team of 40+ and over the last four years, we’ve built a SaaS-enabled marketplace curated from 200+ of the best learning providers. So far, we’ve supported thousands of employees from fast growing tech scale-ups and progressive businesses like GoCardless, IDEO, Curve, King, Synk and Freetrade to power their learning culture. This is just the beginning.
As a senior hire reporting directly in to the CRO, you will be responsible for building a market leading sales and partnership function, with the full support and backing of the leadership team. You will also work closely with our growth team and heads of departments to ensure continual net new revenue growth development in this high paced and ambitious company.
Our target Ideal Customer Profile is 200-2000 people organisations alongside large enterprise sales - selling multi-year contracts to CSuite, Chief People Officers and Heads of People, HR and Talent.
Once you have established a best-in-class Enterprise Sales function, as Head of Sales we expect you to also take ownership of our commercial partner relationships.
This is a multi-faceted role that spans two core commercial revenue streams where you will have the autonomy to lead the sales and partnerships functions to success.
In this role, your aims are to:
- Inspire, coach and motivate our sales and partnerships teams to deliver against target.
- Develop and execute an international sales strategy in the UK, Germany and US.
- Develop, execute and deliver commercial partnerships on the supply side of the marketplace.
What we think the next 12 months looks like:
Within 1 month
- Go through a comprehensive and thorough onboarding with the entire company, your direct reports and teams.
- Training and support on our current CRM, Coaching and Sales stack, to ensure you are leveraging the best in class technology to set you up for success.
- This will include training on our product, as well as an overview of our roadmap and development plans from the CPO & CTO respectively.
- Understand our current growth strategy from working closely with the CRO and additional time with our Head of People.
- Love reading Notion and learning from everything written, recorded and stored that we have learned, shared and collaborated on before.
Within 3 months
- Have taken over the running of the Go To Market, implemented outbound strategies and have started work on your coaching, progression and development frameworks.
- Begun mapping out Total Addressable Market landscape and strategies of execution in the UK, Germany and US, including outlines and clarification on current penetration and potential opportunity.
- Have aligned with Growth/Marketing to ensure they are supporting your 12+ month objectives including clarity on our value proposition, brand and messaging approach.
- Have complete forecasting, reporting and analytics in place to report back to the CRO on progress, GAP Analysis and weighted pipe.
- Begun building your network with CSuite in the ecosystem and community.
- Actively supporting, coaching and mentoring the SDRs and BDMs to deliver on target wow, mom inline with your expectations, processes and methodologies.
Within 12 months
- Be managing the day-to-day running of a high-functioning sales team - one that drives MRR revenue but also retains and builds on Learnerbly's reputation as the go to provider for access to learning and development and upskilling content.
- Have hired additional FTE(s) to execute against and scale your Enterprise Sales process including internationally.
- Have embedded a structured multi-channel (Inbound, Outbound, Referral), scalable sales process
- Have built a strong pipeline of sales opportunities giving us confidence of future revenue for the next 18-24+ months
- Be liaising with other senior members of Learnerbly in achieving your long-term as well as short-term objectives
- Be managing the day-to-day running of our partners function maximising additional revenues through carefully negotiated contracts.
And you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of our marketplace, app and product, the learning resources and associated partners.
- Write detailed plans of our sales process, sales methodology and learnings.
- Be hands on with a wide range of analytics and reporting tools.
- Design, evolve and manage commission plans to motivate and incentivise everyone fairly across the teams.
- Identify, test and master the language, tone, messaging and contact methods that enable us to open the required doors.
- Collaborate with marketing, growth and customer success to ensure alignment between the commercial spine of the business and maximise customer satisfaction and engagement across all touch points in their interactions with Learnerbly.
- Collaborate with product managers to constantly iterate and improve our Demo experiment and onboarding journeys.
- Collaborate with content and partners to ensure we have the the correct learning and upskilling resources our clients, need, want and expect.
- Define, implement and optimise our current partner referral channels.
- Identify, optimise and improve our partner contracts, relationships and commission rates.
This role will be a great fit if:
- 5+ years experience in Sales and Partnerships with experience in Saas, negotiation and enterprise sales
- You love selling and hunting with a never give up attitude and you lead from the front and don't settle for second best.
- You have proven experience in running and managing a growing team across multiple revenue lines.
- You have experience managing teams remotely across borders and expanding into new international markets.
- You love coaching, mentoring and supporting sales individuals to be their best selves.
- You are outcome focussed over output driven with a demonstrable track record of high performance.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with the wider team
- You have hands-on experience working in early-stage startups
- You are a proactive self-starter and enjoy working as part of growing teams
- You want a challenge
Nice to have (or excited to learn):
- Experience in the EdTech sector
- Experience with B2B SaaS
- Experience with Jiminny, Pandadoc, Chargebee
- Experience with Hubspot CRM
- Experience building channel partnership development
Through our hiring process, we want people to give examples of the outcomes they've achieved rather than focussing on output. What? How? Why? Tell us more about your thinking process and the results you did, or didn't, deliver.
We’re passionate about learning and development and will do everything we can to maximise your personal and career growth. Check out our Employee Guide for more details!
You’ll also receive:
- Competitive salary and result-driven bonus
- Flexible working environment and hours
- Values-driven culture
- £2,000 learning and well-being budget to spend each year
- 25 days paid holiday
- Quarterly team off-sites and outings
- Healthcare cashback scheme available
- Equity. Meaningful equity so that you own part of the company
- Technology. A brand new computer (or whatever equipment you need)
We are working 100% remotely until at least Dec 2021 and adapting quickly in the light of the current context. In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Set up. WFH allowance or co-working space
- Good chat. Chit chat with the team with virtual cuppas
- Surprise. Letterbox gifts
We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture.
- Be your authentic self: For us, this means finding the intersection between what you love and what you’re good at, so you can be yourself at work.
- Set the destination, own the journey: "Be the change you want to see in the world." Think big, speak up, take ownership. We believe in learning by experimenting and failing fast: use your creativity and resourcefulness to find solutions to problems you encounter.
- Invite everyone to dance: “Diversity is being invited to the party, inclusion is being asked to dance.” We look for people who share our values and contribute to our culture. Diversity alone is not enough. We believe by being diverse and inclusive we make better decisions.
- Practice heartfelt, radical candor: We know seeking radically candid feedback can be hugely powerful. We proactively seek and give feedback to reveal blindspots and accelerate growth.
Find more about how we operate at Learnerbly with a menu à la carte: explore all or specific parts of our Employee Guide, a window into how we think and work compiling internal practices, and which we use as a living knowledge base:
At Learnerbly, we are looking for honest people who fit our values and are passionate about our mission statement. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills and passion will set you apart so tell us about your achievements, irrespective of whether they are personal or work-related, tell us about your journey, tell us about what you learnt. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Learnerbly. Join us.